Wednesday, May 1, 2013

It's Go Time


I came across this article the other day and thought it was pretty awesome! Ray Clark definitely proves that it's never too late to get started on a new fitness regimen and his trainer, Thom Hunter has given me hope that I will be able to train my clients for many more years to come!

Ray Clark started training a few years ago when he was 98 years old. Now he's 102 and still hits the gym with his trainer on a weekly basis! I train a fellow named Mickey who is 86 years old. He's sharp as a tack and moves like a man 20 years his junior. He told me that he didn't start working out into he was well into his thirties so he never suffered any stupid injuries as a youth. Which makes sense because I'm 35 and have finally started living by the old adage; Train Smarter, Not Harder!

And huge props to Ray's trainer, Thom Hunter. I think it's so cool that he is still training clients at 70 years old. And the guy looks like he is still in great shape! He reminds me of Lloyd Bridges' character Izzy Mandelbaum from the sitcom Seinfeld. 


No comments:

Post a Comment